It’s probably the greatest gift parents can give their children; it’s an asset that multiplies in value as the years go by; and it stands you in good stead when life throws the unexpected at you. The worth of a good education can never be estimated, simply because it means different things to different people. However, the common denominator is that it gives your self confidence a hefty boost, one that makes it possible for you to go out and do your own thing without being afraid of failure or ridicule. Education is not just about going to school and college and piling up the degrees behind your name; it’s the learning process which augments our knowledge and provides us with enhanced skills, acumen and wisdom. So if you’re looking for a confidence boost, here are the top ways in which learning can do it for you:
- It improves your standing in society: A learned person is always respected and looked up to, in your neighborhood and community. It improves people’s first impression of you and makes them take you more seriously in all aspects.
- It makes you feel good about yourself: When you know something thoroughly and are confident about your knowledge of the subject(s), you feel a personal sense of satisfaction, especially if you’ve achieved top honors at school and are appreciated for your efforts and performance. There’s also the intrinsic pleasure you get from boosting your knowledge and becoming more erudite.
- It allows you to communicate intelligently: Learning and knowledge allow you to put forth your ideas more eloquently and with greater conviction. You’re sure of what you want to say and how to say it, and this makes your message all the more powerful and ensures that it has the intended effect.
- It provides you with the foundation for a career: Almost every career is built on a foundation of learning; it could be formal or informal, but without knowledge and learning and without the continued presence of learning on the job, there’s no way you can taste success professionally.
- It is a platform on which you can continue to build: Learning allows you to enhance your repertoire; once you’ve started to learn and know what you’re capable of, the sky’s the limit. The thing with learning is that there is no upper limit; whether formal or informal, learning is a life-long process that helps improve the quality of your life and boosts your general wellbeing.
- It opens many doors and provides you with opportunities: Going back to school to continue your education or earn additional credentials allows you change the course of your life in more ways than one. When you gain new knowledge and enhance your skills, you’re provided with many more opportunities and see that more roads are open to you.
- It allows you to live comfortably: Education and learning play a large role in your financial success in life; your degrees make it possible to find a good job and learning on the job as you gain in experience allows you to enhance your capabilities and move up the career ladder.
Learning is most valuable when it is a lifelong process and when it is applied intelligently and in a timely manner.
This guest post is contributed by April Davis, she writes on the topic of Accredited Degrees Online .