There are many different types of love, self-love, romantic love, obsessive love, unconditional love, enduring love or selfless love, among others. As a society we tend to focus mostly on romantic love, and in doing so, we may disregard the other types which can prove more fulfilling. The love of friendship can be founded on the virtues of reliability and camaraderie, which in turn helps us have a higher understanding of the self, others and the world around us. Familial love is one of dependability that is not anchored by our personal qualities. Selfless love can be defined as a type of altruism, a love that transcends our inner circle and is about a broader scope of nature and good will. Insight into love can be illuminating as one continues on their journey to self awareness. Here are 5 podcasts that provide some food for thought on this topic:
- A podcast with New York Times bestselling author Matthew Hussey, a dating expert giving practical advice to help women gain confidence in their search for attracting a loving partner. He centers around the do’s and dont’s of online dating sites/apps (and of course, texting) and how to navigate through the sea of choice with intention, to find what works for you.
- This podcast bring you a weekly in depth interview with a relationship expert, this one, with Toni Herbine-Blank, focuses on connection, sexuality and intimacy. Sex, shared emotional experience and what you create together are all examples of potential in a relationship, this podcast interview deals with how to tap into that possibility and the skills that you need to actually thrive in a relationship. How to use all the inner work on ourselves with our partner? These are some of the questions explored in this podcast.
- This podcast ‘love in doubt’, is a podcast and column that helps its listeners decipher some solutions or insights into the relationship dilemmas they are experiencing. The common issue surrounding each question, centers around the issue of doubt. It can be difficult to make a decision to stay or go in a relationship, based on what may be a superficial or external influence or could very well be a sign that the relationship is not compatible. This podcast helps in determining these differences.
- This podcast by Anna Sale, asks some big questions from a couple, Jason and Amanda, who struggled with issues of sobriety, marriage and parenthood. The couple answer questions and concerns from callers about how they solve issues in their relationship. It’s a wonderful example of an artistic couple who have discovered that the communication in their relationship is of utmost importance. The take away is that one must never allow themselves to be in a relationship with someone who cannot understand that you must do work that fulfills your spirit.
- People who need people. That’s what this podcast focuses on. It’s the story of two people who bonded over tragedy and asks the question do they need that to survive as a couple? Many people feel their small decisions loom large early on in a relationship, but what if there is a chaotic event that brings people together, would they still need each other when things returned to normal?
All facets of love touch our lives in every way, knowing how to accept love in your life and give love to others can help lead to a more satisfying existence. Love is our most intimate self reflected back to us, helping us evolve and as compassionate people striving to affect positive change in the world around us.
Do you read a great blog about love that’s not on the list? Leave a comment on FB!
Larissa Gomes is a breast cancer survivor and single mom to her spirited baby boy! Originally from Toronto turned Angeleno, she has worked in roles from writer, actor and producer for well over a decade. In that time, she’s developed concepts, film and television screenplays, short stories, along with freelance articles, blogging and editing work.