The older we get, the more we tend to become “realistic”. After 20, 30, 40 or more years being told by society what you can and can’t do, what you should and shouldn’t do, it is not easy to do what you really love. How can you pursue your dream when even your family and friends don’t believe in you?
In the end, it is your belief that will largely determine whether you will succeed or not at whatever it is that you love.
If there is something you really want to do, but you haven’t started yet because of fear, why not start today? Start by making it your hobby and see where the journey will take you.
Below are 17 quotes that will inspire you to do what you love. Will you take action today?
1) I learned many, many lessons from my father, but not least of which is that you can fail at something you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance doing what you love.” – Jim Carrey
2) You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs
3) Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. — Confucius
4) Passion is the genesis of genius. — Tony Robbins
5) Do it no matter what. If you believe in it, it is something very honorable. If somebody around you or your family does not understand it, then that’s their problem. But if you do have a passion, an honest passion, just do it. — Mario Andretti
6) Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there’s love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong. — Ella Fitzgerald
7) Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. —Farrah Gray
8) I would rather die of passion than of boredom. —Vincent van Gogh
9) The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. —Mark Twain
10) People who lack the clarity, courage, or determination to follow their own dreams will often find ways to discourage yours. Live your truth and don’t EVER stop! ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
11) Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart, and success will come to you. — Oprah Winfrey
12) What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. — Bob Dylan
13) A Western journalist asked, “Mr. Gandhi, you have been working fifteen hours a day for fifty years. Don’t you think you should take a vacation?” Gandhi smiled and replied, “I am always on vacation.” — Mahatma Gandhi
14) I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate. – George Burns
15) If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful after all. — Michelangelo
16) In fifty years, he never worked a day. To him, nine to five was odds on a horse. – Archie Bunker, from the television show ‘All in the Family’
17) Success is waking up in the morning, whoever you are, wherever you are, however old or young, and bounding out of bed because there’s something out there you love to do, that you believe in, that you’re good at – something that’s bigger than you are, and you can hardly wait to get at it again today. — Whit Hobbs
Here is a special bonus for you
Why not go one step further in your personal development journey? If you like this article you will greatly benefit from my free e-book. You can download it below:
Thibaut Meurisse is the founder of whatispersonaldevelopment.org. Obsessed with improvement, he dedicates his life to finding the best possible ways to durably transform both his life and the lives of others. Check out his free e-book “The 5 Commandments of Personal Development” or order his new book “Goal Setting: The Ultimate Guide To Achieving Goals That Truly Excite You” now on Amazon.
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.