Do you think your life is a failure? Why? Is it because you haven’t accomplished any of your goals? Or because you aren’t financially stable? Don’t have a beautiful home?
People can be very dramatic. We’ll stub our toe on the way out the door in the morning, and exclaim “Life sucks!”
We’ll create a goal to become a self-made millionaire, won’t work very hard to achieve the goal, and then 2 months later when we discover that our checking account has a balance of $3.24, scream, “I can’t do this!! I’m a failure!”
We use the word failure a lot. I’d venture to say we use it too much. And what does this word mean, anyway? What exactly is “failure”? Well, since I don’t know everything (sometimes), let’s consult with the dictionary.
failure (n.) – an act or instance of failing or proving unsuccessful; lack of success
Alright, so according to the dictionary, if we lack success, we’ve failed. That’s good to know. So, what is success?
success (n.) – the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors
In other words, once you’ve accomplished your attempts or endeavors, you are a success. Really? How dare that dictionary!
Doesn’t it know that success can mean lots of different things? How about this?
1. You’re a success because you are able to remain positive in a world that’s full of negativity and hopelessness.
2. You’re a success because you spread love into the world.
3. You’re a success because you’re constantly willing to learn, grow, and expand.
4. You’re a success because you’re flexible. You realize that if one thing doesn’t work out, you can always try something else.
5. You’re a success because you understand that in order for there to be good times, there have to be bad times.
6. You’re a success because you live in a world where everyone tells you that you “can’t,” yet you try anyway.
So do you understand now the one and only reason why your life would be a failure?
It’s because you think it is.
For more free resources on how to take control of your life and find success and happiness, visit Aja Trinidad (Life Coach and Writer) at The Art of Wise Living, www.ajatrinidad.com.
Don’t Forget to Follow PickTheBrain on Twitter!
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.