Let’s begin by imagining that, for example, your goal is…financial security, it will not be a case of instant gratification, of course, it would come down to preparing for your future today with the small steps of saving and budgeting. Achieving goals take vision, discipline, effort and hard work, but they also require mindfulness.
“It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” – Robert Kiyosaki
Here are 7 blogs that I have found highlight what stands in our way, what it takes and how to develop the mindset to achieve our goals:
- This blog begins with an infographic that very aptly illustrate stages from inception of an idea to working tirelessly to achieve it. There is an emotional journey when creating something and in order to follow through to our desired goal, one must first understand that there will be obstacles to overcome. Therefore, it is important to have a grounded view of success, and strive to reach your grandest vision as you also, prepare for the worst.
- If you want to reach your goals, do not set too many. It is that simple. When one is overwhelmed we cannot focus and may end up shutting down, that will ultimately have us avoid the goals altogether. In this blog, the idea of a one word theme is introduced and reframes the way one can perceive goal achievement. For example, if your one word theme for 2017 was ‘balance’, you would strive to make all endeavors within any given day integrate this quality.
- Change is inevitable, that is what we can count on for sure. Circumstances surrounding our work, family and financial lives can often be limiting and seem further away from the life we envisioned for ourselves. We may feel we’ve hit an emotional brick wall, and the pull to change becomes stronger, yet, we don’t know how to go about manifesting it. If changing careers, you must first evaluate your priorities, create a solid financial plan and most importantly, move forward with a strong sense purpose toward your goal.
- The term power habits seemed confusing at first, what does it really mean? Can my habits actually have influence, clout and dominance? Turns out, they can. The equation behind excellence is really all about small habits that determine our best outcome. Even small habits such as getting enough sleep, exercising and limiting alcohol can put your mind into a clearer, more energetic place toward achieving your goals. An essential factor to success is to not sit on any visionary ideas for longer than you need to plan it, immediately take action and hopefully you are in the right place at the right time.
- A mindset of abundance, one may wonder what this has to do with achieving your goals…but, it is the root of your ability to remain in a higher state of consciousness, which ultimately means you will be open to seeing, creating and seizing all the opportunities that present themselves to you.
- Many people never achieve their goals and dreams for several reasons, perhaps they are just sitting at home waiting for the right time to go for it, or they simply don’t take them seriously. If one is looking for someone else to approve your goals, doesn’t take the time to focus on them or align with people who share your vision, it can be certain it will never be attained. No one can do the work for you.
- Overwhelmed, distracted, indecisive, fearful, overly busy…sound familiar? They are all consistent ways one can waste their time and unfortunately, it is all too common. “The truth is, the right thing to do and the easy thing to do are rarely the same thing.” This drives the point home in this blog with some incredibly helpful insights.
So, laugh, build bridges, create a vision, take action, challenge yourself and most importantly, be curious. These habits will always inform your decisions with enthusiasm as you take the necessary steps toward achieving your goals.
Do you read a great blog about goal achievement that’s not on the list? Leave a comment on FB!
Larissa Gomes is a breast cancer survivor and single mom to her spirited baby boy! Originally from Toronto turned Angeleno, she has worked in roles from writer, actor and producer for well over a decade. In that time, she’s developed concepts, film and television screenplays, short stories, along with freelance articles, blogging and editing work.
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.