Change is the one thing you can count on. We hear this over and over again. It can be an unforeseen trauma which alters our lives forever, it can be an event we have known about for awhile, such as a move or a marriage or it can be something we aspire to achieve. We may simply feel the need to change a habit. This will also end up shifting our behavior on a whole, since they are all interconnected. Research suggests that habits form about 45% of our total behavior!
It is important then to acknowledge that working with or toward change involves much more than a thought and an action, counter-intuitively it requires us to ease up on our willpower and simplify our desire. Here are 7 blogs that help comb the landscape of change in whatever form it may present itself:
- Marie Forleo is a wonderful voice in the self-development industry. She boasts a site that has a lot of helpful blogs, vlogs and positive insights into our lives. In this Marietv video she speaks with Tony Robbins about what it takes to change your life. The take away from this is that: “When you change the priorities of our nervous system, when you rewire, huge change lasts.”
- Steven Aitchison”s site has a number of subject headings to click on and find your article of interest. With this topic of change, the idea of resiliency comes to mind. If change has come as a result of some traumatic event or an emotional, financial crisis has loomed without warning, this article is helpful in accepting that one is strong enough to survive a difficult change.
- Alex Blackwell”s blog touches upon the importance remembering the good things that happen in life and not allowing the bad to rob you of your peace. This idea makes one embrace change and even push toward it, knowing the acceptance of what is allows us to enjoy the present and see the gifts it has to offer.
- This blog has an entire section dedicated to the subject of change. One article here highlights some fundamental thoughts about how change can happen. It”s all in our attitude! Attitudes toward love, money and success can help us overcome obstacles to living our greatest life.
- This site is a bit different than the others, as it is a weight loss blog. Whether or not that is part of or all of the change you are experiencing, the underlying emotional and spiritual issues surrounding weight gain apply fundamentally to the idea of change across the board.
- This blog is particularly crucial for anyone dealing with an abusive situation. This is where change may not happen because of fear, it is imperative that one be able to recognize the signs of a controlling, manipulative and narcissistic person in order to make a change away from it.
- James Clear has an impressive site with articles, books, podcats etc. In this particular article he muses on the idea of habits. Breaking bad ones, keeping good ones and what is going on in our minds when habits go to work. He lays it out with a simple plan to overhaul your habits while breaking down all of the stages one can expect and why.
There are so many questions one can ask themselves in anticipation of, or in the midst of change. Two of the most important are whether or not it feeds you spiritually and if you are indeed getting in the way of your own success. These are difficult to define for oneself, but they are essential to change. Whatever you decide to do with a circumstance or a decision if we first ask how it can offer meaning and purpose to our lives we can surely endure or overcome its challenges.
Do you read a great blog about change that is not on the list? Leave a comment on FB!
Larissa Gomes is a breast cancer survivor and single mom to her spirited baby boy! Originally from Toronto turned Angeleno, she has worked in roles from writer, actor and producer for well over a decade. In that time, she’s developed concepts, film and television screenplays, short stories, along with freelance articles, blogging and editing work.