“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.”
~ Winston Churchill
When was the last time you changed things in your world?
Taking the time to evaluate where you are in the hustle and bustle of life can help you gain the perspective you need to make the small adjustments that will improve your quality of life and enhance your confidence.
When you make a plan and set a goal for 30 days, you will be manufacturing a means to find a much more capable, confident you by the end of the month.
1. Choose a hobby. There is no shortage of hobbies to choose from. Rock climbing, jogging, pottery, cooking, photography. Any activity that engages your mind and holds your attention is well worth your minutes. Hobbies are an investment of time and usually require a certain skill. Take an inventory of your interests, then research your choice and socialize with people that have the same interests. With passion and a desire to enjoy something new, you’ll be well on your way to a happy mind.
2. Learn a new language. Learning to speak, read and write in a new language is a humbling, empowering experience. All you need is a willingness to work hard and practice your skills individually and with others. Choosing a country where your new language is represented is a great incentive to consider so that you can immerse yourself into the language, culture and people.
3. Read every day. Make a pact with yourself to read something that isn’t work related each day or night for 30 days straight. Language is powerful, and books deliver many messages and scenarios that help you travel in your mind. The sky is the limit with a book in your lap.
4. Eat well. Choosing a healthy diet doesn’t mean you need to be unrealistically thin or depriving yourself. It is about simplifying, having more energy and feeling great. The way you choose your food says a lot about who you are and how you feel. Adopting the habits of a healthy eater will improve your health, sharpen your memory, stabilize your mood, and boost your energy levels. Make a monthly meal calendar with healthy choices and stick with it for 30 days. See how great you will feel at the end of the month!
5. Finding an exercise regime that works. Being active and staying in shape boosts your mood, sex drive, and makes your body happy. Exercise helps you maintain a strong body, mind and spirit. Find a form of exercise you can maintain for the rest of your life and make your move today.
6. Avoid negative people. This is not always easy in the work place, but as a general rule choose friends or people you socialize with carefully. If you find yourself trapped by people with negative energy, remove yourself from the situation and lose the guilt. Shift your mindset by surrounding yourself with positive minded people.
7. Meditate for 10 minutes every day. Research shows meditation sharpens mental focus, empowers you over emotions, and enhances your life with a positive sense of well being. Meditation is a means to rid the negative forces in your mind and give you clarity. Light a candle and carve out 10 minutes a day for this simple practice. It will change your state of mind for a lifetime.
8. Early to bed. Getting a good night’s sleep is the only way your body and brain can recharge their batteries. Denying yourself the 8-10 hours an adult needs, affects your ability to learn and remember, not to mention it dims the longevity of your life.
9. Early to rise. Your productivity will be higher and you will have a greater sense of well being when you wake up early. Sure, it may be hard for the first 10 minutes, but there is a direct correlation between successful people and rising early in the morning.
10. Create an inspirational space. The way your room looks will dictate how you will feel about yourself and life. Take pride in your space by creating a room that is inviting and reflective of who you are. Taking charge of your personal space and surrounding your soul with positive colors will ground your thoughts and keep your energy flowing in a positive direction.
There is always room for self-improvement. Finding the courage to create a difference in your life will give you self-confidence and help you shift your mental makeup for a much more vibrant you!
The FREE PickTheBrain “90 Days to a Better You” eCourse was built to give you more confidence than you ever thought possible. You get one confidence boosting email a day, a motivational quote, and a photo to inspire you – all for Free
Join us today…
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.