If you’re on this Pick The Brain, you already know how essential productivity is. It supports you to work-smart and lower the time you spend on dumb stuff that doesn’t make an impact. You want to be uber-productive, grow your empire and still have social time to spend with friends.
Just 5 minutes per day can make a massive difference when multiplied across a lifetime. 5 minutes a day can save around 100 days in a normal lifetime – imagine what you can do!
I think there are 2 different facets to productivity:
- Rid of waste
- Power-up work
Below, I’ve left the important tools that I use and the category I believe they fit in. Let’s start with the “Rid of waste” section
- Unroll.me – I found this tool a couple of months ago. Simply download the app, add your email and swipe you subscriptions as if it were tinder. I deleted 700 subscriptions in half an hour and that means no more spam emails that I don’t care about. I now don’t spend 10-20 minutes every morning deleting annoying emails. Remember, that’s 200-400 days I’m saving over my life! On a serious note, this is a great product and couldn’t be thankful enough for the amount of time they have saved me. Get rid of those pesky spam emails!
- GetGistly – Fed up of going through 300 page books to hear the same thing repeated again and again? This tool provides audio and text summaries for the best entrepreneurial books so you can listen or read in 15 minutes. I can’t wait for this product to launch so you guys can see how cool it is! I’ve been invited to their early adopters program and already love the app.
- StayFocusd – A Google Chrome extension that blocks you from accessing time wasting sites e.g. Facebook or Twitter. We all know how simple it can be to type in “fa” and then click enter or how easy it can be to sit back, open Instagram and submerge in user content. This tool will destroy your instincts and stop you in your tracks.
Next up, let’s talk about how you can improve your work so that 1 unit of input equates to 3 units of output! So, how do we “Power-up Work”?
- Skimm – this service sends a newsletter that gives you the lowdown on current affairs. Rather than browsing through your boring news outlets, just get sent the most salient news in your inbox every day. Skimm has gathered a great following and even received funding, so it’s becoming more and more popular every day! Oh and, if you don’t like reading the news, this will get you in to the habit so you can talk the talk with the wisecrack political expert at your college re-union!
- Instagress – Personal brand equity is becoming more and more important everyday. Instagram gives you the platform to grow this personal brand but managing a social account can take a ton of time. This is why Instagress is super-useful! The tool automates your Instagram growth by commenting, following and liking under hashtags relevant to your niche.
Now that we’ve got our grand list of tools, it’s time to put them into practice. Try them out and tell me how they worked for you in the comments
For now, have fun and happy working!