There are tons of online courses that you can take these days to educate you, improve your memory, learn new skills and much more. You can actually participate in some of the courses that are included in major degree programs throughout the US at major colleges. Read on to discover our five favorite online courses to sharpen the mind for free.
- ScoreHigherontheGREandSAT: MathPower: Do you need to boost your math abilities so that you can get a higher score on the GRE or the SAT? Having higher scores on these tests can make all of the difference in your future career. This Udemy class covers GRE/SAT mathematics, monomials, math terminology and a final exam. This free course has 9 lectures and 30 minutes of highly informative content.
- LinearAlgebra: This MIT course will teach you the basics of matrix theory and linear algebra. There is a great emphasis on topics that should be useful in other topic areas, such as equation systems, vector spaces, determinants, similarities, eigenvalues, and matrices. After you take this course, your skills will be greatly sharpened in the field of algebra.
- BeginningLatin: This class that is from Utah State University will educate you on the beginning aspects of Latin grammar. This was an ancient language that was spoken during the days of the Roman Empire. The Latin language spread all throughout the Mediterranean and into most of Europe.
- Planet, Stars, GalaxiesandtheUniverse: This is a advanced astronomy course that is offered by Penn State University for its master’s degree students, but you can take it online at no charge. You will learn about Kepler’s and Newton’s laws; star properties; the Milky Way; cosmology, life in the universe; the solar system; and stellar evolution.
- IntroductiontoPhilosophy: This is an introductory philosophy course that is offered by Notre Dame. You will be introduced to basic questions of philosophy, and you will discover how some of the greatest philosophers of all time answered some of these key questions of life. Topics covered include ethics, political philosophy, metaphysics and knowledge theory.
Joseph Pickett is a freelance writer for FindOnlineEducation.com, where he enjoys discussing the trends and solutions in online education, as it pertains to free and open source options for people all around the world. More recently he highlighted 10 OnlineCollegeCoursesforMilitary. He invites feedback on this and his other articles.
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.