Many people are not living the life they want. They think their destiny is not in their hands. Are you one of them? If so, then have you tried to find out the reason for this? Try asking yourself, why are you not living the life of your dreams? Did you find some excuse? I’ll be surprised if you didn’t.
One and half years before I was not living the life I wanted to live and I kept blaming other things for my situation. But, once I learned that we can become whatever we want to, things changed.
It’s easy to blame other things (situations, other persons, the universe, god etc…) for what is happening in our life. But, it’s hard to take responsibility. I mean it’s funny, how we can do this to ourselves.
YOU ARE THE CREATOR OF YOUR DESTINY!
Many things helped me to bring out of this thinking and I should say that quotes are a great source of motivation. Anytime I was going off-track, reading a simple quote had set me on track. Now I’m having the total sense of control over my life.
So, here are 21 simple but powerful quotes which can inspire you to take control of your life:
- It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. ~ William Shakespeare
- You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. ~Steve Jobs
- It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. ~Tony Robbins
- The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny. ~Albert Ellis
- Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. ~William Jennings Bryan
- Your destiny is to fulfill those things upon which you focus most intently. So choose to keep your focus on that which is truly magnificent, beautiful, uplifting and joyful. Your life is always moving toward something. ~Ralph Marston
- I believe that you control your destiny, that you can be what you want to be. You can also stop and say, ‘No, I won’t do it, I won’t behave this way anymore. I’m lonely and I need people around me, maybe I have to change my methods of behaving,’ and then you do it. ~Leo Buscaglia
- Our problems are man-made; therefore, they may be solved by man. And man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. ~John F. Kennedy
- If you create an act, you create a habit and if you create a habit, you create a character. If you create a character, you create a destiny. ~Andre Maurois
- Every people should be originators of their own destiny. ~Martin Delany
- The man is asked to make of himself what he is supposed to become to fulfill his destiny. ~Paul Tillich
- I do believe that one way to have a destiny is to choose one. ~Melinda McGraw
- Your life will be no better than the plans you make and the action you take. You are the architect and builder of your own life, fortune, and destiny. ~Alfred A. Montapert
- Sow an act and you reap a habit, sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny. ~Charles Reade
- Every man got to right to decide his own destiny. ~Bob Marley
- There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul. ~Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- I think that by going on the path that I am, my destiny will just come to me. ~Jason Derulo
- Control your own destiny or someone else will. ~Jack Welch
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We must regain the confidence and drive to decide our own destiny. ~Roh Moo-hyun
- You are the creator of your destiny. ~Swami Vivekanand
Hope you enjoyed these inspiring quotes. So are you ready to create your own destiny? Let me repeat once again: You are the creator of your own destiny.
Sandeep Yadav is a passionate blogger, traveler, and runner.
Visit SandeepYadavBlog.com for his inspirational blog for more great content.