1. As the True Fabric of life is a cosmic weave of ceaseless beginnings, your power for starting over is backed up by Reality itself. Put the power of this ever-newing Now to work for you by volunteering to view any unwanted or unhappy moment not as some unavoidable ending, but as the temporary and passing condition that it really is.
2. All feelings of failure include the unconscious assumption that you know all there is to know about what has you bottled up. Pull the plug on this kind of self-limitation by meeting every moment of seeming defeat with the realization that since there is no end to your ability to learn about your life, there is also no such thing as failing in your life.
3. The painful identity of thinking of yourself as a failure can only exist for as long as you cling to some self-created, self-sinking label. The only reason you won’t abandon this sinking ship of yourself is because in its cargo hold is stored all your cherished ideas about what it means to be a success. This discovery reveals that the only weight dragging you under is your best ideas about how to float through life.
4. Just as the physical eye that sees cannot see itself other than through a reflection, you cannot see your psychological self other than by gazing upon those mental images of your own creation. So, when “seeing” a failure in your mind’s eye, just remember in that very moment who it is that put it there. Now, instead of feeling defeated by how you picture yourself, see through this defeated feeling itself by daring to see how this painful image came is part of an unconscious internal conspiracy created by this feeling in the first place.
5. It is impossible to feel yourself a failure without having first condemned yourself for some shortcoming. This fact tells of a secret self-duality which is the seed of defeat. Study the following reasoning closely: In order to see yourself as “small”, you must be standing over yourself at the same time. Now see that neither of these selves within yourself can exist in your mind’s eye without the other, and that being self-divided like this you must feel as though you’re failing. But seeing that you are neither of these inter-dependent selves unites you in a Higher Understanding that is fail safe.
6. Even the most superficial glance at the world in which we live reveals that there is nothing living that isn’t a work-in-progress. Which means even when it feels like life will break us, these trying moments are only part of life’s broader plan to make us.
7. The same heavy hand once felt to be holding us back becomes the one which lightly lifts us… If we’ll but agree to see that the only thing that stands between us and the success we long for is what we don’t yet understand about ourselves. This means that self-discovery is self-success, and that for the self-studying man or woman, failure simply ceases to exist!
Fear has a secret weakness… Discover that weakness and you’ll know how to kick fear out of your life for good. Unfortunately, most people are blind to it. They can’t see it. In best-selling author Guy Finley’s groundbreaking program “Stop Being Afraid Once and For All,” you’re going to learn what that weakness is. Even better, you’ll learn how to face the fear of failure — and in fact ANY fear — in the right way, so that its power over you fades away. Click the following link to learn more about this deeply-discounted 60-minute seminar from Guy, which includes the bonus MP3 “Breaking Through the Fear Barrier”: http://www.guyfinley.org/Email/StopBeingAfraid.php
Guy Finley is the best-selling author of “The Essential Laws of Fearless Living”, and more than 40 other books and audio albums on self-realization. He is the founder and director of Life of Learning Foundation, a nonprofit center for self-study located in southern Oregon where he gives talks four times each week. Guy is a faculty member at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, New York and is a regular expert contributor to Beliefnet and the Huffington Post.