Let me guess…
You often drag yourself to work and feel like everyday is the same.
Perhaps it feels like your life is on autopilot.
At moments you might even feel like your life is not very meaningful and you miss a clear sense of purpose.
Am I right?
Well, sometimes all you need are a few inspiring wise words that will give you a new perspective on life.
There are a lot of words of wisdom out there and many of them are good, but not life changing.
These 29 carefully selected words of wisdom truly are some of the most powerful and wisest quotes ever written.
Here they are…
1. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
2. Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” – Sigmund Freud
3. “In seeking happiness for others, you will find it in yourself.” – Unknown
4. “Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is a fruit of love, the verb.” – Stephen Covey
5. “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” – Viktor Frankl
6. “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” – Michel De Montaigne
7. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
8. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
9. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
10. “Challenges is what makes life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
11. “If you want happiness for an hour – take a nap. If you want happiness for a day – go fishing. If you want happiness for a year – inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a life time – help someone else.” – Chinese proverb
12. “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” – Viktor Frankl
13. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
14. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
15. “Many people are passionate, but because of their limiting beliefs about who they are and what they can do, they never take actions that could make their dream a reality” – Anthony Robins
16. “True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful.” – Paul Sweeney
17. “The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” – C. Joybell
18. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
19. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernhard Shaw
20. “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” – Henry van Dyke
21. “I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.” – Corazon Aquino
22. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
23. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” – Stephen Covey
24. “We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.” – Mother Theresa
25. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” – Bil Keane
26. “Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.” – Unknown
27. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
28. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
29. “Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it comes and sits softly on your shoulder.” – Henry David Thoreau
It’s up to you now
Do you feel inspired and a little bit wiser?
It’s all too easy though to read these inspiring words and then forget all about them.
So, I challenge you to read them again and then ask yourself what you can do differently in your life from now on to experience more happiness, success and fulfillment.
It might take a little bit of effort from your side, but you’ll reap the rewards for sure.
You can compare it to reading a book about losing weight. Just reading the book won’t make you loose weight. You actually have to get up and do something!
Are you ready to accept the challenge?
About the author: Bas Blikman is the writer and founder of Upfrontblogger.com; A website that gives honest and simple advice for starting a blog that will actually make you money His advice is also great if you want to start your own self improvement blog. You can follow him on Pinterest or visit his website for more information“
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.