Travis “Achilles” Williams was a Motivational Fitness Icon who was tragically killed in an accident in March 2015. Though his time was limited, his feats were not. He co-founded Team Fitness, a premier personal-training brand in the Southeast; he co-founded The A-to-Z Project, a charity, and helped multitudes struggling worldwide; and he helped raise a daughter, Azarria, passing on his adventurous spirit, teaching her how to live with purpose.
His timeless words and photos helped him gain international fame and continue to inspire thousands worldwide today. Achilles: A Meditation on Purpose & Inspirational Living is a biography of Achilles and a celebration of his legacy. An engaging reflection on how life is supposed to be lived, it is a compilation of Achilles’ works, accented with exclusive interviews of his closest friends, celebrating a life of passion, adventure, and purpose. 100% of profits from the book will go to Achilles’ daughter. A Kickstarter campaign launched this week to fundraise for the bulk publishing and distribution of the book.
Below are 7 reasons it is guaranteed to make an impact:
1. 100% of Profits go to Achilles’ Daughter, Azarria – Achilles can no longer support Azarria. But we can. 100% of profits will go into a college trust fund for Azarria.
2. Story Guaranteed to Inspire – Achilles’ journey was remarkably inspirational, leaving home at the age of 15, overcoming all odds to attain incredible success. He lived his life with an incredible passion and the world was left aching when he unexpectedly passed.
3. Quotes Will Shake You – Achilles would regularly spend hours brainstorming how to evoke change through his words. His quotes, profound and surreal, at times hint that perhaps he knew he was leaving soon. For example: “In the end all that matters is what you’ve done… And I’ll sleep well knowing that I chased my dreams until they were my reality”. Check out more at 5 Quotes Which Eeerily Foreshadow Achilles’ Death
4. Emotional Rollercoaster – Try to get through it without crying. I dare you. It even includes a contribution from Azarria about her favorite memories with her father.
5. Painful Perspective – An emotional reminder of life’s brevity, and how we must take advantage of the time we’re given. Achilles’ signature quote was “It’s never too late or too early to start living the life you want to live”.
6. Source of Healing – So many of Achilles’ friends and followers are still trying to make sense of the accident that took such a positive force from the world. As they flip the pages and relive Achilles’ life, may they gain some clarity and peace.
7. It’s Already Changed One Life – Author Calvin Bond has dedicated over a thousand hours of unpaid labor to produce the book, because it is a cause he truly believes in. Bond met Williams in 2010, and his life was forever impacted. “Achilles’ words changed my life, and I want to share them with the world. To spread his legacy. To help Azaria.” He’s pushed his abilities over the course of the project, serving as Director of Writing, Design, and Marketing. “This project has undoubtedly changed me. Achilles’ words teach me something new each time I read them.
Interested in helping? Here is the link to the Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1908120963/achilles-a-meditation-on-purpose-and-inspirational. Also, you can find more ways to help at 5 Simple Ways to Help Change a Life
About the Author: Calvin Bond is an Atlanta native currently based in Huntington Beach, California. Bond is a writer and photographer, and founder of the adventure blog www.sporkandflask.com. Bond met Williams in 2010, and his life was forever impacted. “Achilles’ words changed my life, and I want to share them with the world. To spread his legacy. To help Azarria.” For more information about “Achilles: A Meditation on Purpose & Inspirational Living”, please visit www.kickstarter.com/projects/1908120963/achilles-a-meditation-on-purpose-and-inspirational, or contact Calvin Bond at AchillesTributeProject@gmail.com. More Info and full media kit at www.sporkandflask.com/achilles/.
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.