Wikipedia, describes Will Smith as an American actor, comedian, producer, rapper, and songwriter, who has enjoyed success in television, film, and music. In April 2007, Newsweek called him “the most powerful actor in Hollywood”. He has been nominated for five Golden Globe Awards, two Academy Awards, and has won four Grammy Awards.
IMO, all of his great achievements, makes Will Smith a living legend. That’s why he is one of my role models, because he inspires me to be the greatest I can be.
Here are 18 motivational quotes from Will Smith that I register in my mind, which always motivate me to keep going in life:
- “Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.”
- “You can cry, ain’t no shame in it. “
- “The things that have been most valuable to me I did not learn in school. “
- “The first step is you have to say that you can. “
- “The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is that I’m not afraid to DIE on a treadmill. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, but if we get on a treadmill together, there are two things:
- You’re getting off first
- I’m gonna DIE
It’s really that simple”
- You’re not the only one struggling. You’re not the only person having trouble, now or ever. Things will get better, and in the meantime, you’re in good company.
- Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you. And stay.”
- “There are so many people who have lived and died before you. You will never have a new problem; you’re not going to ever have a new problem. Somebody wrote the answer down in a book somewhere.
- “The separation of talent and skill is one of the greatest misunderstood concepts for people who are trying to excel, who have dreams, who want to do things. Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.
- “Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves, they are going to tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period.”
- “If you’re not making someone else’s life better, than you are wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other people’s lives better.”
- “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.”
- “We spend money that we do not have, on things we do not need, to impress people who do not care.”
- “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions.”
- “Never underestimate the pain of a person, because in all honesty, everyone is struggling. Some people are better at hiding it than others.”
- “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.”
- “The first step is you have to say that you can.”
- “Love is the ultimate theme, but it’s not just for women.”
By now, I believe your heart will resonate with at least one of his motivational quotes from Will Smith. Which one is it? kindly share in the comment box below.
For further life changing motivational quote, you can read this article:
Samuel Ogundiya is a Motivational writer and speaker. Who blog about self-improvement at www.samdiya.com