Welcome to PickTheBrain.com, a website dedicated to self improvement with a focus on personal productivity, motivation, and self education.
The first article was published to PickTheBrain.com on November 22, 2006. Since then it has become one of the fastest growing self improvement sites on the web.
PickTheBrain diverges from traditional “self-help” by taking a broader approach. Rather than sticking to a small set of topics, the site covers anything related to self improvement. Any information that people can use to live more prosperous, satisfying lives is a potential article.
Although the site covers a wide range of topics, most articles fall into 5 core categories.
- Personal Productivity - Time is our most precious resource. Managing it effectively is essential for an excellent life.
- Motivation - We only get as far as we can push ourselves. This site will help you overcome mental blocks and motivate yourself to act.
- Self Education - Learning shouldn’t end after graduation. Rather than focusing on academics, this site covers the most valuable education — the one you give yourself each and every day.
- Psychology - Our thoughts control our behavior which creates our reality. By understanding how we think, we can generate the positive thoughts required for success.
- Philosophy – The approach you have in life can mean everything. Philosophy is about becoming wiser day by day and developing a harmonic existence with the world.
Erin Falconer, Editor in Chief – Erin Falconer is a Canadian living in Los Angeles. She has had a varied career that includes screenplay writer, stand-up comedian, political consultant and is now proudly, heavily invested in the online blogging world.
Since 2008, she has been the editor in chief and co-owner of PickTheBrain – one of the fastest growing and most trusted self improvement websites & communities on the web. With over 200 bloggers from around the world contributing content, PTB is not only a great passion project but has truly become a powerful global voice and brand in the self improvement space, being read in over 35 countries daily.
Erin is also the co-founder of LEAFtv – a video lifestyle brand for the Millennial.
For all content questions and suggestions please contact Erin directly: email@example.com
As PickTheBrain is intent on publishing the highest quality and most dynamic content on self improvement, we actively seek out guest bloggers, authors, and experts across a wide spectrum of topics to bring our readers fresh, insightful and unique points of view.
PickTheBrain was founded in December 2006 by John Wesley. He continues to be a contributing blogger.