Prosperity is about the varied search for fulfillment. It is being in a state of thriving and success. However, this can be both in your individual life as well as the culture and society that you partake in. In fact, cultural prosperity can reflect the values that serve to motivate the individual toward a certain prosperous initiative.
- If you can’t imagine holding someone in high regard who is a ‘complainer’ or views themselves as a ‘victim’, it is much more helpful to both of you if one is willing to ask if that person wants to fix anything from their logical mind, or are they open to truly seeing people in a positive light. Energy attracts energy, and if your attitude is one of complaint, you will attract more misery on yourself.
- ‘Negative news is bad for your brain .’ –this podcast suggests that we shut off our televisions or radios (especially before we go to sleep) in order to be more careful about what we feed our brain. The concept of ‘mental nutrition’ is spoken about, being mindful of what we choose to allow into our consciousness.
- This is a podcast where guest Amy, aka the ‘Vlog Boss’, focusing on coaching people to go after what they want in life, helping them to create vlogs online. It is important to look at the context of each platform and stand out with what your message is. Look at the lens of the camera as though it is the one person who you would deliver the information to and speak to the camera as though you are talking to a person, it is about breaking down your fears.
- Lewis Howes ‘The School of Greatness’ podcast brings a special guest Chris Lee (a transformation coach), to speak about the 10 principles of abundance and prosperity. If ever you are struggling with many things that are not happening the way you want them to, you are feeling the weight of some story of scarcity you believe about yourself, this is a very enlightening podcast to listen to. It is much easier to create an abundant life by shifting your mindset, which shifts your action and ultimately, your reality.
- Joan Sotkin’s site offers podcasts with a holistic approach to building your business. Focusing on a strong base for success, real world business and financial skills are also covered, however this particular podcast centers on ‘brain science’. The interesting take away is that the brain takes more interest in social comparison than it does with food and water, which shows that we must come to a point to where we accept and are happy with where we are in life, knowing that we are safe without having to compare ourselves with others. We can create the circuitry in our brain to a certain degree and so forming new habits toward the purpose of success can be motivating.
True prosperity is more about good fortune through personal and cultural achievement. Many of us have to do a lot of self work in order to develop the mindset of abundance that can lead to true prosperity. The widely believed definition of it, which is simply monetary wealth, can’t be the end goal, it must be about happiness, health, wisdom, relationships and career, and then we may see the flourishing of success and prosperity.
Do you read a great blog about prosperity that’s not on the list? Leave a comment on FB!
Larissa Gomes is a breast cancer survivor and single mom to her spirited baby boy! Originally from Toronto turned Angeleno, she has worked in roles from writer, actor and producer for well over a decade. In that time, she’s developed concepts, film and television screenplays, short stories, along with freelance articles, blogging and editing work