Being an adult means maintaining a healthy lifestyle, being financially responsible and managing your life so it feels significant, purposeful, and fulfilling.
However, sometimes with the tornado of to-do’s in a day, we lose our ground and need to reboot. If you’re not feeling your best, then you’re not feeling your most confident.
Here Are 10 Ways To Stay Smart In A World Of Grown-Ups.
- Sharing is caring. Feeling ownership over your accomplishments and station in life will feel even better once you share your talent. Displaying selflessness towards others by being supportive and volunteering your time is a virtue.
- A place for everything and everything in its place. Clutter is stressful and let’s face it, rather disgusting. If you have a closet, desk or a room with stuff you never use, get rid of it NOW. A quick way to do this is to separate things into four piles: keep and use, throw away, give away, keep, but not used much. This is an efficient way to regain control of your life, gain confidence, and reclaim your space.
- Keep the scales balanced. Life is hectic. Sometimes we reach too far and lose our sense of balance. Whether this is in your daily diet, goals at work, or time with family, the bottom line is, you need objectives in your life that are sustainable. Don’t ever allow anxiety and stress to replace happiness and joy. Make a plan to balance your life, live and grow.
- Take a power nap. Many cultures celebrate resting in the afternoon. A 20 minute power nap will restore and refresh your mind and body. Find a cozy spot, a pillow and set your timer for 20 minutes of rejuvenation.
- Own your mistakes. Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. However, if you mess up, own it. Forgive yourself and move on. People will respect you and be far more forgiving. People who get embarrassed when they make a mistake, then cover it up or blame it on somebody else are difficult to trust.
- Look around you. Paying attention to everything makes life extraordinarily special. Making time to look at all the small details around you will enrich your life in simplistic ways that are priceless. Take charge of your observant nature and don’t overlook the small details that makes life so wonderful.
- Juice it up. Having a healthy snack is a proven way to increase your productivity. Make sure you are eating five to six fruits and vegetables, and don’t be afraid to drink a serving or two.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness. Having a clean and orderly life makes living easier, enhances your creativity and saves time since you aren’t constantly looking for things. An orderly life leads to a greater sense of happiness. So stay organized all the time, not just for a day. Once you clear the clutter, you will see how much fun it is to have it gone from your life forever.
- Wash your hands before you eat. This one’s tried and true. The only way to prevent germs from spreading is to wash your hands. This practice is essential to a healthy life.
- Go green. Protect the environment and take care of your world by managing waste with the 3-R’s: reduce, reuse, recycle. Play a responsible role in today’s society by making the world a safer, healthier place.
Setting best practices in place is always the hardest part, but once you have the security of routine, your life will feel more enriched and be happier overall.
The FREE PickTheBrain “90 Days to a Better You” eCourse was built to give you more confidence than you ever thought possible. You get one confidence boosting email a day, a motivational quote, and a photo to inspire you – all for Free
Join us today…