I love Jim Rohn! I can’t seriously tell you how many times I listen to his audiotapes. After meeting with his mentor at the age of 25, Jim Rohn radically transformed his life through personal development to become a millionaire. He was entrepreneur and a motivational speaker.
Here are 10 quotes by Jim Rohn that will inspire you to work hard on yourself!
1) Learn to work harder on yourself than you do on your job. If you work hard on your job you’ll make a living, if you work hard on yourself you can make a fortune.
One of my favorite quote ever. I love it!
For all I know, formal education was never design to make you a millionaire. I personally witnessed way more changes in my life by working on myself than by studying at school. Formal education is great, but it is not enough. Work hard on yourself will give you the extra edge you need to live a more fulfilling and successful life.
2) The greatest gift you can give somebody is your own personal development. I used to say, “If you will take care of me, I will take care of you. Now I say, I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me.”
The best way to take care of people around you and make them happy is through personal development. You will inspire people around you to change and grow by working on yourself, not by trying to change them, which generally doesn’t work.
3) Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become.
Rather than thinking about what you need to do in order to be successful, why not ask yourself what person do you need to become to be where you want to be?
4) If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.”
Many people spend more time planning their vacation that planning their life. If they were to plan their life meticulously like they do with their vacations, they would probably be more successful.
If you have no clear goals, you will end up working for people who do have goals (probably less exciting goals than you wish)
5) Miss a meal if you have to, but don’t miss a book.
Leaders are readers. Books are incredibly cheap especially when you take into account the fact that the authors sometimes spent years working on them. It is amazing to see that we can buy books from world experts who studied a certain topic for 40 years for just a few dollars, and pick their brain. Don’t miss a book!
6) Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills
We all have problems in life, and they won’t magically disappear no matter how successful we become. We must continuously learn and outgrow our problems. It is the way we approach problems that will determine whether we are successful or not.
7) Here is the greatest value of discipline: self-worth, self-esteem. People teach self-esteem these days but they don’t connect it with self-discipline. The least lack of discipline and it starts to erode our psyche.
Self-esteem and self-discipline are closely interconnected. Unfortunately, not many people are realizing that. Once we understand that it is through discipline that we can increase our self-esteem, self-discipline takes a whole new meaning. Are you a master of self-discipline?
8) Work on you philosophy, work on your attitude, work on your personality, work on your language, work on the gift of communication, work on all your abilities and if you’ll start making those personal changes, I’m telling you, everything will change for you.
Your vision of the world, your attitude or your personality will be determinant in your career as well as in your life. However, nobody teach you these skills at school, and even if they do, only you can work on your philosophy, your attitude or your personality. Nobody else can do it for you.
9) Neglect start as an infection, and if you don’t take care of it it becomes a disease.
It is easy to ease off a little bit, and doing a little bit less than our best. However, each neglect and bad habit will have an impact on your performance as well as on your self-worth. Before long it will affect your whole life.
Here is a special bonus for you
Why not go further in your personal development journey? If you like this article I’m sure you will benefit from my free e-book. You can download it below:
Thibaut Meurisse is the founder of whatispersonaldevelopment.org. Obsessed with improvement, he dedicates his life to finding the best possible ways to durably transform both his life and the lives of others. Check out his free e-book “The 5 Commandments of Personal Development”. Visit his website to discover the 5 principles you must master in order to live a full life.
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.