Waking up every morning seems like an old routine we follow on a daily basis. Always waking up at the same time doing the same old thing. We don’t realize at times, but we can make small positive changes that can make a significant difference in our lives. After years of struggling to find the right formula, I decided to start right at the beginning – literally. My morning. I thought if I could start the day off right, maybe I’d have a better chance to succeed and be happy?
Like everything else good things take time. My favorite quote is “The impossible can always be broken down into possibilities” in other words baby steps. It takes 21 days to create a good habit or a bad habit.
Here are 7 things you can do right now to improve your mind:
- Start waking up earlier every day. Sleep is overrated. You only need 5-6 hours a night. Sleeping less gives you more time to improve your mind, health, and career. I think 50 cents said “Sleep is for broke people” Writing this article at 5 am when others are sleeping gives me an advantage. When the competition is sleeping your working when there out partying you’re That is the difference between mediocre and success.
- Drink lots of water. I learned that drinking water not only hydrates you but it cleans your mind. My daughter at age two had a brain tumor causing water accumulation. After successfully removing it, the water started to go. The doctor told us he literally saw it flow on his scope. Drink a glass of water every morning before you eat anything. Remember we are 60% water, time to start flushing out your mind. The mind needs a shower too.
- Increase your heart rate, yes exercise. You don’t have to start running 5 miles a day or working out at the gym for 3 hours. If you’re like me allergic to exercise, you only need 5-10 minutes every day to start. Remember baby steps. Do ten push-ups every morning for 21 days. How long will it take you to do ten pushups? Add it to your morning ritual. Getting out of the comfort zone improves lives.
- Start a journal. You need to write things down; it’s a must. Writing things down not only helps you remember but will be embedded in your subconscious mind. Use a pen and not your phone. I used to enter valuable information on my IPhone until I lost it. Now I have notebooks. Having your goals on paper not only gives you direction but it’s a map to success.
- Add meditation and/or prayer to your morning ritual. We focus all of our energies on our bodies and not our minds. When you meditate, it’s exactly like giving your mind a vacation. Then we wonder why our minds are racing 100 miles per hour. You don’t have to meditate for 45 minutes. Remember baby steps. 15 minutes is all you need to start. Add it to your morning ritual, your mind will thank you in the long run.
- Watch motivational videos. Five years ago I stopped watching the morning news and substitute it with YouTube videos. From watching Eric Thomas, Les Brown to Jim Carrey’s motivational speech. Make sure you have your headphones on. Each video is about 4-5 minutes on an average. If you watch two videos every morning, that would only be 10 minutes of your time. Add it to your morning ritual. After 21 days, you will be dreaming motivation. Time to make changes.
- Start playing games. From playing memory games to word puzzles. There are hundreds of game apps you can download on your phone. Use your time wisely and take 10-15 minutes shocking your mind. More and more people are losing their memory, and they wonder why. Practice makes perfect. Start exercising your mind and get ahead of the game.
You don’t have to do all seven of these steps at one time. Remember baby steps. Add one or two to your morning ritual. You can add 2 of these steps if you wake up 30 minutes earlier every morning. Take your pick. If you can improve yourself in small little increments every day, you’re in the top 10% of the population.
Do you have 30 minutes to spare?
Joe Rodriguez who authored 25 To A Happy Life is a Life Coach/Speaker. From being homeless to suffering a nervous breakdown to working 25+ jobs searching for happiness, I never gave up. www.joerodriguez.co
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.