Developing self confidence is one of the most important things you can do to create a more powerful, successful life. It impacts all facets of our lives, from relationships to career. Those who are truly invested in creating a better world for themselves understand, that like most things, the journey is long. Knowing that, however, can make it very daunting.
That’s why it’s so important to have a long term goal – but to break it up into small manageable parts. The key is not necessarily the size of your benchmarks, but the frequency with which you hit them. It’s the cumulative effect of these small but achievable victories that will have you well on your way in no time.
Here are 5 quick tips to make this a confident week:
- Sit up! Set your alarm to go off 3 times throughout the day to check in with your posture. Body language is one the quickest ways to bolster instant confidence.
- Get to know someone new. Have lunch this week with someone in your office that you don’t normally hang out with. Breaking your routine allows you to jump out of your comfort zone which is a fantastic catalyst for self confidence breakthroughs.
- Work it out – sitting at your office, or standing at your job is often very sedentary and mundane. So make a point to get some exercise during the day – whether it be a brisk walk for part of your lunch, or a quick work out in before you get there. Exercise fills the body with endorphins that create positive energy that you will be projecting throughout the day. You’ll be amazed how much you get back in return. Good health is not just an integral part of living well – it also happens to be an instant confidence booster.
- Accept a social engagement that you normally wouldn’t. Putting yourself out in the world forces you to engage in situations and with people. Whether you like it or not, the world is a social being – slowly building your confidence so you can find your place it in, is one of the most gratifying things you can do.
- Knowledge is power. You have to keep feeding your mind. Once you’ve learned something, no one can ever take it away. So whether it’s a new language, a new skill, or a new hobby – sign up for something this week that will broaden your horizons, skill level and happiness. Learning something you can be proud of and provides you a weekly dose of happiness is an immediate confidence booster and the recipe for success.
Got a great self confidence tip that you think would help others? Leave in the comments below!
Need more self confidence help? I’m very excited to announce the waiting list for Simple Self Confidence, my 4 week confidence program with Barrie Davenport is now open! Click here to be added to the list!
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.