Do you have a clear sense of direction and specific goals or do you wander through life hoping that things will turned out just fine?
If you don’t have specific goals yet, the following quotes should inspire you to start setting exciting goals that you’ll want to go after for the next few years.
My hope is that at the end of this article you’ll feel motivated to take the first step toward your wildest goals. Let’s get started.
Here are the 12 quotes that will inspire you to go after your wildest goals:
On the power of goals
- “Give me a stock clerk with a goal, and I will give you a man who will make history. Give me a man without a goal, and I will give you a stock clerk.” –J.C. Penny
On having genuine goals
2. You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you’ve cheated the guy in the glass – Dale Wimbrow
On turning your dreams into goals
3. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
On having a clear direction in life
4. “Ten years from now you will certainly arrive. The question is: where?” – Jim Rohn
On creating your own destiny
5. “People without goals are doomed to work forever for people who do have goals.” – Brian tracy
On having big goals
6. “The fishing is best where the fewest go, and the collective insecurity of the world makes it easy for people to hit home runs while everyone else is aiming for base hits. There is just less competition for bigger goals. If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – Timothy Ferris
On improving your present reality
7. “The purpose of goal-setting isn’t to control the future. That would be senseless because the future only exists in your imagination. The only value in goal-setting is that it improves the quality of your present moment reality.” – Steve Pavlina
On becoming a better person
8. “The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be the far greater value than what you get.” – Jim Rohn
On writing down your goals
9. “Most people are so apathetic about their goals that they only write them down once a year when the media says: “oh it’s resolution day, we got to write our New Year’s resolutions. As far as I’m concern, nothing worth doing is done once or twice a year. It’s ridiculous!” – Grant Cardone
On being consistent
10. “It’s not the smartest people who achieve success. It is the people who procrastinate the less, make fewer excuses, as they take actions every day towards the goals that they want to achieve.” – John Assaraf
On using goals as a medicine
11. “Use goals to live longer. No Medicine in the world – and your physician will bear this out – is as powerful in bringing about life as is the desire to do something.” – David J. Schwartz
12. “The major difference between the big shot and the little shot is the big shot is just a little shot who kept on shooting.” – Zig Ziglar
As Lao Tzu wrote: “the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”. What is your single step? What concrete action will you take today to start the journey toward your most exciting goals? Leave me a comment below and let me know.
**** Here Is a Special Bonus For You ****
Why not go further in your personal development journey? If you like this article I’m sure you will benefit from my free e-book. You can download it below:
Thibaut Meurisse is the founder of whatispersonaldevelopment.org. Obsessed with improvement, he dedicates his life to finding the best possible ways to durably transform both his life and the lives of others. Check out his free e-book “The 5 Commandments of Personal Development” or order his book Goal Setting: The Ultimate Guide To Achieving Goals That Truly Excite you on Amazon now.
How to Get Sh*t Done will teach you how to zero in on the three areas of your life where you want to excel, and then it will show you how to off-load, outsource, or just stop giving a damn about the rest.