This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that PickTheBrain does not own or control, or to individuals that PickTheBrain does not employ or manage.
What Personal Information About Users Does PickTheBrain Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, personalized and efficient experience. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our Web site. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. We collect the following types of information from our users:
1. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of various features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as:
* Registration: In order for you to use certain PickTheBrain services, such as receiving PickTheBrain email newsletters or purchasing certain products and services, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your email address.
2. Automatic Information:
* We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. PickTheBrain automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, PickTheBrain cookie information and the page you requested. PickTheBrain uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the Web site.
* PickTheBrain may also add on any page display various content, data and metrics such as articles, comments, images pertaining to, and summaries of, your activity on PickTheBrain or other related content, data and metrics.
Social sharing of data
* PickTheBrain allows other users to browse comments that you have created. PickTheBrain may choose to display this content throughout its site and services.
* Syndication: PickTheBrain allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Web site.
* Social Bookmarking: PickTheBrain allows social bookmarking of all of its public content within the Web site.
* API: PickTheBrain will allow 3rd parties access to all PickTheBrain data this is already publicly available through PickTheBrain.com. PickTheBrain will forever keep private all personally identifiable information.
What About Cookies?
Will PickTheBrain Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
* Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if PickTheBrain, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
* Protection of PickTheBrain and Others:
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that such release is necessary to comply with the law; to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of PickTheBrain, our employees, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
* With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
Is Information About Me Secure?
* Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Choices Do I Have?
* As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our Web site, such as subscribing to email newsletters or purchasing certain products and services.
* As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
Can Children Use PickTheBrain’s Services?
PickTheBrain does not specifically collect information about children.
Conditions of Use